Colombia Adoption Qualifications | Colombia Adoption Process | Colombia Adoption Fees |
Colombia Fee Schedule US Dollars
Revised January, 2016
- $7,460 Children’s Hope International Agency Fee:
$300 application fee
$2,000 agreement and document fee (review/counsel)
$4,660 dossier fee (includes information, assistance, preparation, presentation and translation of dossier)
$500 humanitarian aid
- $3,500 International Program Fee: (due upon approval of dossier by ICBF)
Includes: translation, liaison with government and agency authorities, social services, development fee, facilitation, adoption, travel coordination, post adoption processing.
- $1,000 Post-Adoption Support Fee (mailing, processing, follow-up)
- $3,450 Referral Fee:
Includes final adoption paperwork, travel preparation & coordination of your trip. Sibling fee (If adopting more than one child, referral fee is double)
- $1,800 Misc. Colombia Adoption Fees (approximate)
$17,210 Approximate Cost of Adoption not including travel
- $7,700-$8,600 Travel Costs: Approximate travel costs for 2 parents
$2,400+ Airfare – US to Colombia and return (coach fare)
$200 Inside country travel (per person one way)
$4,400 Hotel (room and board for 4 weeks, exit taxes, taxis)
$600 Child’s documentation (visa, passport, medical, etc.) Approximate per child.
$100 – $1,000 Airfare for child will vary depending on the age
$24,910-$25,810 Approximate Cost of Adoption for 2 adults adopting an infant under 2.
Other costs will include:
- Home Study and Post Adoption fees, these fees are determined by the agency you choose.
- I-800A immigration fee $720.00 + $85 per person over the age of 18 living in your home to be fingerprinted.
- Documentation fees vary from state to state. The cost will be approximate $300 for documents to be notarized and apostilled but it depends on the state in which you live.
- Visa to Colombia
- Other costs: shopping, telephone expenses, transportation and tips while in country
FEES WILL BE PAYABLE ONLY AS SERVICES ARE RENDERED WITH THE
EXCEPTION OF POST ADOPTION FEES.
NO FEES ARE REFUNDABLE AFTER SERVICES ARE RENDERED.
For more information
Email: Nicky.Losse@ChildrensHope.net Tel: 314-812-1742* FEES WILL BE PAYABLE ONLY AS SERVICES ARE RENDERED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF POST ADOPTION FEES.
* NO FEES ARE REFUNDABLE AFTER SERVICES ARE RENDERED.
* PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE APPROXIMATE EXPENSES FOR A COUPLE TRAVELING TOGETHER TO COLOMBIA TO ADOPT ONE CHILD. GOVERNMENT FEES AND NON-CHILDREN’S HOPE FEES CAN VARY CONSIDERABLY DEPENDING ON YOUR STATE.
Children’s Hope International fees are good for one year from the date you sign your application. Children’s Hope International has no control over other organizations’
fees (USCIS, Non CHI Home Study Agency)